Duties of Committees and Office Bearers
- Execute and formulate policy and to manage the day to day running of The Club.
- Maintain liaison with the Board of Directors of THCC.
- Control the finances of The Club.
- Determine the number and appoint signatories to manage The Club’s financial affairs.
- Hold monthly meetings of the Committee and convene Special meetings as and when required.
- Plan and conduct fishing activities.
- Ensure regular publicity of The Club’s activities.
- Create sub-committees from within The Club committee or by appointment of members deemed necessary to assist with running of The Club.
- Arrange sponsorship and fund raising activities.
- Promote the sport of fishing and encourage the uptake of new members.
- Manage the club’s affairs and allocate tasking and duties within the committee as required.
- Manage the club’s business in accordance with the Club Bylaws.
- Develop and oversee a strategic plan for the growth and development of the club.
- Ensure all activities of the club are conducted in accordance with the Bylaws.
- Ensure that safety protocols, risk assessment of all activities, and sportsmanship and ethics procedures follow NSW/sport/fishing best practices.
- Chair all meetings unless otherwise delegated.
- Duties as delegated by the President
- Undertake the duties of the President in his/her absence.
- Attend to all financial matters including the preparation of financial reports consistent with the requirements of the THCC.
- Arrange the banking and receipting of all monies received.
- Keep records and oversee all fund raising activities.
- Report to The Club Committee on the financial position of The Club and raise financial matters requiring decisions all Club General Meetings.
- Attend to all correspondence relating to The Club, ensuring that all incoming information is directed appropriately and that all correspondence is answered in a timely manner as directed by The Club Committee.
- Maintain the register of all members.
- Maintain a file of all important historical information and assist the President in the preparation of the Annual Report.
- Provide each member with a copy of the current By-Laws on request.
- Keep full and accurate minutes of all Club Meetings .
- In the absence of the Secretary, carry out all of the Secretaries duties.
- Maintain a full and comprehensive membership data base.
- Responsible for all matters relating to competitions, including keeping up to date all point scores and records.
- Assume the role of, or appoint another member to be weigh-in master at all.
- To be responsible for catering needs of Club events.
- To assume the role of, or appoint other members to assist with catering requirements as events and social activities are scheduled.
General Committee Position
- To volunteer and assist the Club Committee in all areas of operations of the Club.