GRANDMA’S SHERRY TRIFLE
by Angela D’Arcey
This is a great entertainer and something we always had at Christmas. It was passed down the family and always proved a favorite……. Just watch out if you’re driving!!
- 1 Victoria Sponge half
- 2 Large Bananas
- 3tbs Raspberry Jam (preferably home made)
- 1 pint Custard (home made or made from powder)
- 600ml Thickened Cream (Whipped)
- 1/2 – 3/4 cup of Sweet Sherry (to taste)
- 100gms Sliced Almonds (toasted)
METHOD: Present in a decorative glass bowl
- Place sponge into bowl, crushing it down to cover bottom of bowl.
- Cover sponge with layer of Raspberry Jam.
- Pour Sherry evenly over sponge (allow to soak in)
- Slice Bananas and lay evenly over top of Jam.
- Pour Custard over Bananas and place a plate over bowl (to avoid skin forming on hot custard).
- When custard cold, cover with Whipped Cream
- Toast almonds to Golden brown color.
- Cover cream with cooled toasted almonds.